> Who is IMPERIAL
||IMPERIAL is a diversified industrial services and retail group with activities spanning logistics; car rental; tourism; financial services; vehicle distribution and retail. IMPERIAL operates in South Africa, Africa, Europe and Australia.
IMPERIAL is listed on the Johannesburg stock exchange, the group is run on a decentralized management structure that actively encourages entrepreneurship, innovation and encourages industry specific best practice.
IMPERIAL employs over 51,000 people, who are responsible for the growth and continued success of the group that began as a motor dealer in downtown Johannesburg in 1948.
- Listed on the JSE since 1987
- Market capitalisation of approximately R44 billion at year-end
- Over 51 000 employees
- Leading third-party logistics provider in southern Africa
- Manages/owns over 6 400 vehicles
- Operates from more than 968 locations in 18 countries
- Provides warehousing facilities of 980 000 m2
- Biggest fleet of owned and subcontracted inland water vessels in Europe
- Access to over 700 vessels in Europe
- 100 million tonnes of handling volume per year
- Represent virtually every motor brand in South Africa
- Over 240 new vehicle dealerships
- Over 100 used dealerships branded as Auto Pedigree and Imperial Select
- On average 20 000 vehicles in car rental fleet
- Responsible for one in three car rental transactions in South Africa
- Leading aftermarket vehicle parts distributor in South Africa with 20 owned stores and 419 franchised stores and workshops, and 46 franchised stores in the rest of Africa
- Over 1,7 million policies under management in Financial Services
- Regent services over 950 dealer outlets throughout southern Africa
- Geographical footprint covering Africa, Europe, United Kingdom, Australia and United States of America
- Helped improve the education of over 10 000 disadvantaged children through the Imperial and
Ukhamba Community Development Trust
IMPERIAL in the News
Preliminary summarised audited results for the year ended 30 June 2014
27 Aug 2014
Revenues exceed 100 billion for the first time
Foreign operations now 27% of operating profit
Non-vehicle operations now 54% of operating profit
Texting– a silent killer distracting drivers on our roads
02 Jul 2014
Statistics highlight the dangers of texting and driving
Imperial eyes Africa, South America
27 Feb 2014
OUTGOING Imperial Holdings CEO Hubert Brody says the group is "as entrepreneurial as ever" and has significant opportunities to grow in developing markets, including South America and Africa outside South Africa.
In Mr Brody’s last results presentation as CEO on Wednesday — before Massmart and Transaction Capital nonexecutive chairman Mark Lamberti takes over next week — he announced an acquisition in Nigeria, and the group’s entry into South America.