||IMPERIAL is a diversified industrial services and retail group with activities spanning logistics; car rental; tourism; financial services; vehicle distribution and retail. IMPERIAL operates in South Africa, Africa, Europe and Australia.
IMPERIAL is listed on the Johannesburg stock exchange, the group is run on a decentralized management structure that actively encourages entrepreneurship, innovation and encourages industry specific best practice.
IMPERIAL employs over 51,000 people, who are responsible for the growth and continued success of the group that began as a motor dealer in downtown Johannesburg in 1948.
- Listed on the JSE since 1987
- Market capitalisation of approximately R44 billion at year-end
- Over 51 000 employees
- Leading third-party logistics provider in southern Africa
- Manages/owns over 6 400 vehicles
- Operates from more than 968 locations in 18 countries
- Provides warehousing facilities of 980 000 m2
- Biggest fleet of owned and subcontracted inland water vessels in Europe
- Access to over 700 vessels in Europe
- 100 million tonnes of handling volume per year
- Represent virtually every motor brand in South Africa
- Over 240 new vehicle dealerships
- Over 100 used dealerships branded as Auto Pedigree and Imperial Select
- On average 20 000 vehicles in car rental fleet
- Responsible for one in three car rental transactions in South Africa
- Leading aftermarket vehicle parts distributor in South Africa with 20 owned stores and 419 franchised stores and workshops, and 46 franchised stores in the rest of Africa
- Over 1,7 million policies under management in Financial Services
- Regent services over 950 dealer outlets throughout southern Africa
- Geographical footprint covering Africa, Europe, United Kingdom, Australia and United States of America
- Helped improve the education of over 10 000 disadvantaged children through the Imperial and
Ukhamba Community Development Trust
IMPERIAL in the News
IMPERIAL I-Pledge partners with N3 and Bakwena N1N4 concessionaires
03 Dec 2013
03 December 2013, Today at the Jeppe Quondam in Bedforview, IMPERIAL I-Pledge handed 10 patrol vehicles to the N3 Toll Concession (N3TC) and 2 vehicles to the N1N4 Bakwena toll route concessionaire - in an aim to increase and boost route surveillance, patrol support and post-crash care activities during the busy festive season. This is the third consecutive year that a project of this nature has been undertaken – supported by IMPERIAL’s Europcar who are providing the vehicles. The vehicles will be available for this purpose from 07 December up until the end of the busy holiday season (07 January 2013).
NEW TRADING OPPORTUNITY FOR BEE PARTICIPANTS
06 Nov 2013
IMPERIAL Holdings Limited (“IMPERIAL”) and Ukhamba Holdings (Pty) Ltd (“Ukhamba”) are offering qualifying 100% black owned entities and black individuals the opportunity to buy and sell shares in Ukhamba, which holds an effective 10.1% shareholding in Imperial through its holding of IMPERIAL ordinary shares and IMPERIAL deferred ordinary shares.
Huge success for 94.7 Highveld Stereo and IMPERIAL I-Pledge’s Car Seats for Kids project in first week
21 Oct 2013
Over 870 seats collected in Week 1 of the campaign